Friday, April 1, 2011

Massage

I have been wanting to get a massage lately but have not. I have made an appointment for tonight to get one. You may be asking how this is relevant to my blog. Well, as you workout and gain muscle mass your muscle fibers tear and then repair themselves. I always thought this action created knots and scar tissue in the muscle that can be tender and painful. However, knots are caused by lack of blood circulation of blood to a particular area. The muscle fibers and up clumping together. By massaging the muscle knots, you realign the muscle fibers, which allows better blood flow to the muscle, which is key to building muscle. I will be getting a sports massage, the therapist breaks up the knots with pressure, which also releases toxins stored in the body. This is a double benefit. However, this is not the type of massage that is peaceful and relaxing. The massages can be painful at times when breaking up the knot. No pain, No gain!

2 comments:

  1. OMG NIIIIICCEEE but I will say if you ever get the chance to try accupuncture it has a better rate of you feeling much better and instant relief unlike a massage. Not putting you down I looooove massages.
    That is so cool what you know and I get knots in my back all the time and I recently got a free spine examination so I'm wondering if you would have any natural suggestions as to how I can help that. I do yoga every morning and night along with stretches but what else can you recommend? If you say massage that's cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you go to get a massage? I want to get one but I'll admit I'm cheap! I want a good deal!

    ReplyDelete